Attention Filmmakers: NRB’s 2018 Pitch-a-thon is Filling Up Fast! Sign Up Soon!
The 2018 NRB Pitch-a-thon is filling up fast! Don’t miss out on the distributor to whom you want to pitch your movie, screenplay, or idea!
Those taking pitches are people who can green-light your project, so don’t let this opportunity pass you by. You can pitch dramas, documentaries, TV series, church media – whatever you want! Finished projects can be pitched, too.
Best of all, it’s free with the purchase of either a full Convention registration or a day pass for Wednesday – the main Film day. Wednesday is chock full of film and entertainment seminars with heads of industry that will give you the latest cutting edge info on the film, TV, documentary, and digital media industries. And it concludes with the Pitch-a-thon that night.
The Pitch-a-thon will take place Wednesday, February 28, from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee – site of Proclaim 18, the NRB International Christian Media Convention.
You can choose four distributors when you sign up to pitch to one-on-one. Here’s the current list:
- SONY AFFIRM FILMS (Rich Peluso)
- TBN / JUCE-TV (Mark McCallie)
- SONY PROVIDENT (Ben Howard)
- PURE FLIX ENTERTAINMENT (Rick Bonn)
- CINEDIGM (Glenn Atamaniuk)
- MISSION PICTURES (Cindy Bond)
- BMG / BRIDGESTONE (David Austin)
- PARABLES TV (Isaac Hernandez)
- PURE FLIX DIGITAL (Jim Schubert / Patrick McDonough)
- VISION VIDEO / GATEWAY FILMS (Bill Curtis / Karen Rutt / Matt Oser)
- OCEAN AVENUE ENTERTAINMENT (Chris Bueno / Denise Bueno / Bob Elder)
- CROWN ENTERTAINMENT (Brad Mix)
- VIRGIL FILMS & ENTERTAINMENT (Craig Van Gorp / Joseph Amodei)
- COBALT PICTURES (Travis Mann)
- GIVING FILMS / CHRISTIAN CINEMA (Harrison Powell)
During the Pitch-a-thon, each distribution company will be seated at its own table. You will be assigned a five-minute time period with each of the two distributors you choose when you sign up. You can use each of those five-minute sessions however you want – but we suggest you spend 2-3 minutes pitching your project, and then use the last couple of minutes to get their feedback and build a relationship. You can use video in your presentation if you desire, but only on your own device – and have it downloaded; do not depend on the hotel’s Wi-Fi.
All participants must arrive by 6 p.m. and take part in the free “How to Pitch” seminar taught by Hollywood veteran Catherine Clinch.
It’s easy to sign up! Just got to the Convention website, nrbconvention.org, to register for the full convention OR a day pass, and the Pitch-a-thon is part of the online signup process. If you’ve already registered, simply go back to the site and click on “Modify Registration” – then click through to the Pitch-a-thon sign-up page.
But be sure to sign up soon to get the distributor you think is best for your project. They have limited time slots, and when full, that name will disappear from the signup list.
This could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
By NRB Staff
Published: February 8, 2018